Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions • Large Format print
Reports to: Director of Purchasing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / Day
Work with vendors, Estimating, Planning, Scheduling, Sales, Sales Support and Manufacturing to facilitate the purchasing of paper and buyout components for projects. Ensures accurate job specifications and information are provided to all involved. Monitor and facilitate paper purchases and buyout components to ensure quality products are delivered on-time. Handle other purchasing functions, as needed, for office supplies, consumables, consignment items, house stocked items, etc.
Position Specific Duties:
- Comfortable with all aspects of paper/stock/substrate purchasing for commercial printing (including, but not limited to: Offset Printing, Digital Printing, Packaging, Bindery & Finishing Operations, Mailing, Assembly and Fulfillment).
- Comfortable with all aspects of the manufacturing workflow for commercial printing (including, but not limited to: Offset Printing, Digital Printing, Packaging, Bindery & Finishing Operations, Mailing, Assembly and Fulfillment).
- Ability to source, evaluate and qualify new and existing vendors.
- Work directly with vendors and internal personnel to communicate job requirements, specifications, schedules and expectations.
- Ability to read and analyze job estimates, purchase orders and job tickets.
- Ability to write purchase requisitions, purchase orders and change orders.
- Ability to follow existing procedures and write new procedures, as needed.
- Coordinate job schedules with all affected departments, as needed. Manage critical deadlines with resourcefulness, attention to urgency, excellent communication and professionalism.
- Coordinate logistics on all material movement between outside vendors and Lahlouh shipping/receiving departments.
- Track job status to keep jobs on schedule.
- Coordinate and conduct offsite press checks, bindery checks and quality inspections, as needed.
- Review quality, product inspection, sample review, as needed to maintain quality standards and client expectations.
- Attend all relevant meetings (production meetings, team meetings, quality improvement meetings, training, etc.), as needed.
- Meet and adhere to all procedures, work instructions, quality and safety requirements relative to the job function.
- Strong knowledge of PC Platform, MS Office Software, Internet Search functionality and adept at learning new software programs (PSI, Promail, FileMaker Pro, Prinergy)
- Ability to prioritize daily workload with a strong sense of urgency
- Perform required record-keeping, updates, logs, etc.
- Dependable and self-driven
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexibility with schedule (may need to work late hours depending on activity)
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Follow Lahlouh policies as outlined in the Company Handbook
Must have Purchasing or Production Planning or Estimating experience in the Printing industry.
College Degree preferred
Minimum of 2 years in a similar position
Minimum of 4 years in the printing industry
Strong working knowledge of Commercial Printing Bindery operations
What we do....