Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions • Large Format print
Position: Assembly Lead
Reports to: Assembly Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location/Shift: Lahlouh, Inc. (Burlingame, CA) / Day Shift
- Follow Manager instructions for handwork, assembly and kitting processes efficiently and accurately.
- Comfortable with aspects of the handwork and kitting.
- Preferred hands-on experience with assembly lines, set-up and workflow.
- Familiar with general aspects of Printing, Bindery and Mailing workflow.
- Alert team leader of supply concerns.
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft Windows programs
- Enter accurate and complete daily records.
- Operate material handling equipment including: pallet jacks, utility carts and hand trucks.
Lead Job Duties:
- Full understanding of Job Track
- Full understanding of PSI
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Finished goods process
- Overs process
- Assembly process (All handwork)
- Reading job tickets
- Full understanding of the PEETS Account
- Lead the floor
- Create first articles
- Scheduling in Prestige
- Complete understanding of Vera core and pulling
- Similar experience completing Assembly/Handwork related tasks.
- Aptitude to produce high quality work and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Capability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Familiarity with manufacturing paths and Company equipment.
- Work safely.
- Education - A high school diploma or GED
- Read and speak English
- Work independently
- Follow directions given by their manager or lead
- Ability to make decisions
- Able to use a variety of factory machinery, hand tools, and computers to complete their piece of the assembly process
- Assembly line worker should be able to perform monotonous work at a fixed rate of speed for long periods while remaining focused and minimizing mistakes.
- The assembly line worker should be able to work quickly and with minimal direct supervision.
· Lift, handle, load, and unload products.
· Prepare products for shipping.
· Assemble, attach, and or make parts.
Able to read and understand Excel spreadsheets for distros
· Insure line and work area is clean and leave line ready for next run set-up
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills, comfortable presenting ideas and issues to peer groups and leaders.
· Escalates functional and process failures to the appropriate support groups and leaders.
· Capable to develop and follow non-verbal communication (visual management: signs, work place organization, and pictures).
- Assist in the process design and tooling improvements – comfortable in suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve quality, reduce cost, support production work environment.
- Understands that there are always new opportunities for improvement and eliminating waste.
- Ability to learn quickly and self-motivated.
- Positive energy and attitude
- Poise when confronted with sudden setbacks or stressful situations.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment and team structure.
- Ability to follow a required specific sequence of steps in a process repetitively for an extended period of time
- Ability to understand codes used to make decisions
- Ability to detect abnormalities in the process using visual, tactile, or auditory senses
- Ability to adjust to immediate process change due to process/shop improvement
- Perseverance in extensive process root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
- Demonstrated ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
- Understands and ensures adherence to required procedures and processes.
- Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Acts as a consultant to other production/engineering groups on quality issues.
- Analyze quality data to determine and drive the desired outcome.
What we do....