Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
• Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
• Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
• Mailing • Marketing promotions
• Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
• Online Solutions • Large Format print
Position: Director of Purchasing
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Day
Director of Purchasing
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for the oversight and management of procuring materials and services to support an efficient production operation. The Director will strategize to find the most cost effective deals and reliable suppliers, while focusing on driving efficiency through system optimization, spend aggregation, supplier consolidation, and inventory management.
The Director must be highly motivated and experienced in successfully leading and developing a world class procurement function and team in the printing or manufacturing industry.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of purchasing professionals, to include processing customer requisitions, issuing purchase orders, maintaining purchasing documentation, managing customer and supplier relationships, cross training and team development
- Identify and implement best practices in procurement to reduce cost, increase quality and maintain material flow in a just-in-time manner
- Build clear standard operating procedures and training documentation for purchasing roles and responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and oversee procurement policies and procedures to ensure consistency and standardization across purchasing
- Source, evaluate, qualify, and negotiate with new and existing suppliers for materials and services and maintain approved vendor list.
- Develop and maintain supply chain business continuity and disaster recovery programs
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relationships, hold suppliers accountable for performance and continuous improvement including lead time reduction, delivery cost, flexibility, quality improvement, inventory availability, and cost savings
- Partner with suppliers and various functional areas including Estimating, Scheduling, Sales, Sales Support, and Manufacturing to fully understand production schedules, delivery timetables, and material and labor needs requirement. Coordinate schedules and manage critical deadlines.
- Respond quickly to business partners with respect to any materials or labor purchase orders that are not anticipated
- Promote a positive user experience when working with both internal and external partners
- Manage inventory performance, setting parameters for safety stock to optimize inventory cost while guaranteeing high level of availability and minimizing slow moving inventory
- Actively seek out additional areas which purchasing could be of help to other departments to obtain best value, quality, and service
- Keep current on market trends to anticipate price fluctuations and product availability
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a related field
- 10 years of purchasing and materials management and leadership experience
- Strong financial and business acumen; ability to understand the business and develop solutions to meet business needs
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and supply vendors
- Passion for ice cream
- Outstanding organization skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail, manage multiple tasks and priorities, and easily adapt to changing situations with even temperament
- Excellent customer service, fostering cross functional and partnering relationships through commitment, credibility, and trust
- High proficiency with MS Office and ERP systems
What we do...